These cake pops are so amazing, I thought I'd show you the play by play on how to make the kind I made for my birthday.
Ingredients:
1 box of cake
1 can of frosting
1-2 bags of candy melts/chocolate
6 inch sucker sticks
Styrofoam
To start, you need any box cake. I used Rainbow Chip which is my FAVORITE cake by far. I just love the colors! Bake it in a 9x13" pan. Let it cool. Then break it up in a bowl:
It should look like this when you're done:
Next add half a can of frosting. I used Rainbow Chip because it's my FAVORITE!!! I love the little candies. You can use any.
Combine the cake and frosting with your hands. It should look like this when it's done:
If it is still really dry, add a little more frosting. I ended up using about 3/4 of the can. The first time I made them I added the whole can and they were WAY too sticky and fell all apart when I tried to make balls.
The next step is to roll them into one inch balls. Then chill them for a little while to get them firm. (I did about 15 minutes in the freezer.) It makes about 48 balls.
Next melt one bag of white candy melts according to package directions.
Take your sucker sticks and dip them in the chocolate and then stick them in the balls like this:
Next dip the cake ball right into the chocolate. Yum!!
Tap off the excess chocolate into the bowl and stick the pops into styrofoam. (You could buy some flower foam thing. I just grabbed some out of the box of some electronic thing of some sort.)
I put some sprinkles on them too. Here is what they look like:
My little girls likes them! Yum!
Erin, what a cool idea. Thanks for sharing how to make them!
ReplyDelete