I've been taking pictures of dinner lately and realized I am not good at taking appetizing looking pictures of food. I'm sorry about that!
Monday night, we were going to have our small group over, but Lucy was sick so we cancelled. That left a ton of yummy casserole ready to bake. Here is a picture of our favorite pasta casserole (and Lucy's FAVORITE food! She will eat more of this than me!)
Mostaccioli Bake
(makes about 18 servings- 3 meals for our family)
2 lbs ground pork (beef works too...)
1 box (16 oz) Mostaccioli noodles
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 jars spaghetti sauce (we like the kind with mushrooms)
2-3 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
Boil noodles until just barely tender (for freezer meals make sure you don't overcook the noodles) and drain.
Brown ground pork and drain
Stir together spaghetti sauce and brown sugar.
Add pork and noodles to sauce mix and combine
Divide into 3 gallon size Ziploc bags and label.
Divide cheese into 3 bags and attach to gallon size bags.
Freeze.
To Serve:
Thaw in the fridge for 24+ hours
Pour noodle mixture into 8x8 pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Remove, add cheese to top
Bake for another 10 minutes
So yummy!
Let me know if you have any good pasta recipes. I'm always looking for new good recipes!
No comments:
Post a Comment