Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Potty Training

It's official!  Lucy is learning to use the potty! 

We started Saturday.  I bought the book Potty Wise by Gary Ezzo & Robert Bucknam, but didn't end up using it.  At the same time, I bought the book Making the "Terrible" Twos Terrific by John Rosemond which had a chapter in it about potty training.

The idea in Potty Wise is that you put the kid on the potty over and over giving them tons of treats.  I don't know about you, but that sounds like a whole lot of work to me.

In the Twos book, Rosemond says to look for signs of readiness, show them the potty, and put undies on them.  They will figure it out on their own.  The less intervention the better because learning the potty is about independence.

Well, Saturday was a cooking day for me, so I put her in undies.  She had 3 accidents in the morning and went on the potty 6 times in the afternoon/evening.

Product Details
Aren't these so cute!  Lucy has Dora undies and Elmo undies.  I love them!
Sunday was a little crazy with church & going to my parents' house for lunch. 

Monday she went to day care in panties and returned in a diaper.  I was SO bummed by this!

Tuesday she peed on my mom's lap.  Not a good move!

Today, she had one accident!  She got up and went in the potty, went on the potty once at daycare and then once at home.  I think she is scared of the potty at daycare or something.  Oh well!  We will see how it goes tomorrow!

Every time today while she was home, she told us she had to go potty and I just watched as she did it all.  I think we are going down the right path!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment