Thursday, September 16, 2010

Big day ahead

Tonight, I'm finalizing my meal plan for the big cooking day on Saturday. Lucy was coloring while I worked on my list. Her favorite color right now is PINK!!
This past week I "scheduled" out a meal plan. I don't stick to the meal plan, but it helps me plan so I know that we won't have a week with all Mexican food or all soup. Dilbert tried to eat this, but thankfully he didn't get it all.
Here is the plan:
Lasagna- 2 meals
Spaghetti- 2 meals
Mostaccioli Bake- 3 meals
Chili- 3 meals
Sloppy Joes- 2 meals
Tacos- 2 meals
(I make a recipe that makes all the meat/onions/green peppers for the Chili, SJs and Tacos)
Chicken Broccoli Bake- 2 meals (very similar to Bursley food! Go Blue!)
Chicken Broccoli Cobler- 2 meals
Heavenly Potatoes and Ham- 3 meals
Southwest Pork and Bean Soup- 2 meals
Beef Enchiladas- 4 meals
Mexi Chicken- 3 meals
Pork Tenderloin- 2 meals
14 recipes. That will give us 32 meals. I will probably give a few away. We normally eat 5 freezer meals per week, 1 night out or at Bible Study, and Sunday dinner at my parents. That should get us through the next 6 weeks! (Hopefully we will have a completely remodeled kitchen by then!!)
Here is a sideways view of my ingredients list. After my second cooking day, I put all my recipes in Excel spreadsheets so I can easily made shopping lists.
Tomorrow I'll go shopping at Meijer after Lucy goes to bed. Then Saturday I will cook. My mom and Matt are both very helpful by helping cook and keeping Lucy from hanging on me. I can't wait! These cooking days are amazing for our family.


1 comment:

  1. I try to meal plan week by week (month by month is too hard!) and we just got a nice big chest freezer in the basement so every week I make one or two things to freeze. Right now I've got 2 loaves of zucchini bread, 3 big tubs of my mom's beef stew, 2 big tubs of chili con carne and I just added 18 burritos to the collection tonight! :)


    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete