Friday, August 5, 2011

Talking on the Phone

Tonight, Lucy and I played outside for a while and I immediately regretted that I didn't have the camera, so I have no pictures of the event.  This is a good story though that I want to remember.

Cara called me to talk about a family event, and since lately Lucy has gotten better at talking on the phone, I asked if she wanted to talk to Lucy.  The last 3 times Lucy has talked to someone on the phone she has been in a carseat.

It turns out that when she is free from the confines of a carseat, she is just like her momma when she talks on the phone.  She talked to Cara while walking around for close to 10 minutes.  I was laughing out loud for good chunks of it.

Here is what I heard that I can remember:
"My poka dot dress.  I'm wearing my flower dress right now.
Daddy is mowing the lawn.  The grass is really tall.  Daddy is mowing it.
I have these rocks in my hand, see?
I wrestled with Daddy in the grass.
(walking up to the front door)  You push this button and a bell rings and Daddy comes to the door.
So...  so...   I have a question for Cara.  So...
Bye bye!"

There was more.  I must have been laughing too hard to remember.  It was like she was trying to tell Cara everything she had done recently.  So cute!

*****

Here is a picture of her from a few days ago.  After picking the flowers she said "I feel like a princess like Aunt Cara."  (Cara recently got married, hence the princess)

I love this little girl.

Lucy in late July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment